All positions are full at this time.
Please send resume & references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Genex team.
Safety is our number-one priority. Genex has a five-point safety system; every miner fills out a card every day. At the end of the day, the card is checked and if there are any problems they are reported to management.
Genex has just completed, with the help from the Business Development Bank of Canada consultants, a brand new health and safety program. This new safety program is a substantial investment in our employees continued health and safety. Genex is now working towards our C.O.R safety program certification.
As of September 2008, crews had surpassed 50,000 man hours without a lost-time accident.
For safe work practices, safety awards are given to employees for each year of employment.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Genex Management is vitally interested in the health and safety of its employees and sub-contractors. Protection from injury or occupational disease is a major continuing objective.
Genex Mining Company Ltd. will make every effort to provide a safe, healthy work environment. All supervisors and workers must be dedicated to the on-going objective of reducing risk of injury.
Genex Mining Company Ltd is ultimately responsible for its workers’ health and safety. Supervisors will be held accountable for the health and safety of workers under their supervision. Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that machinery and equipment are safe and that the employees work in compliance with established safe work procedures and under the Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in British Columbia (2008).
Every employee shall protect his own health and safety by working in compliance with the Mines Code and safe work practices and procedures established by the company.
Health and Safety shall remain the primary concern of Genex and our employees.
- Worker receive on-site training, including for new employees, WHIMIS, and new job procedures.Written job descriptions and procedures.
- Instituted Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Work place inspections by management, supervisors, and O.H.S.C. members.
- On-going housekeeping inspections by management and supervisors.
- Analysis and discussion of accidents and illnesses occurring at the workplace.
- Monthly safety meetings.
- Underground mine rescue training.
- Open door policy for workers to voice safety concerns.
- Commitment by Genex to its employees to address any safety concerns immediately.